There are a number of ways to ease career choice pressure on your teenager.
- Reassure them they don't need to make a big career choice immediately. Encourage them to break it down into small steps. eg. identify their skills, or research interesting careers online.
- Allow them the time and space to make a decision. Don't try and push them into any career choice. eg. be an accountant like your father...
- Remind them they may have several careers through out their working life. Suggest they do something that is right for them now, such as work or travel, until they decide what they really want to do.
- Encourage your teenager to interview others about their jobs and ask friends and relatives how they chose what they wanted to do.
- Remember Discuss, plan, succeed! We are happy to work with your teenager to identify their skills and a possible career path. Contact us now for a chat.
Tags: career choice
Posted: Saturday 13 October 2018